MR. SHERMAN LAM YUEN SUEN
Mr Sherman Lam Yuen Suen was appointed to the Board of the Company as Independent Non-Executive Director on 2 January 2019. He is also a member of Audit and Risk Management Committee of the Company.
Mr Sherman Lam holds a Master's degree in Business Administration (Finance) from Charles Sturt University, Australia, an Advanced Diploma in Management Accounting from CIMA, United Kingdom and a Diploma in Business Studies from the Institute of Commercial Management, United Kingdom.
He is a member of the following professional bodies/association:
(1) Certified Financial Planner (CFPTM), Financial Planning Association of Malaysia;
(2) Institute of Public Accountants (FIPA), Australia;
(3) Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments (MCSI), United Kingdom;
(4) Chartered Audit Committee Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Malaysia;
(5) Deputy Secretary of China-Asean Enterpreneurs Association (Malaysia Chapter); and
(6) China Real Estate Chamber of Commerce (Hong Kong & International Chapter).
Mr Sherman Lam started his career with Fulton Prebon (M) Sdn Bhd, a financial services subsidiary of Seacorp (now known as Amanah Capital Partners Berhad) from 1994 to 1997. Thereafter, he joined Utama Merchant Bank Berhad, a subsidiary of Utama Banking Group from 1997 to 2000 as Treasury Manager/Chief Dealer. He then joined a corporate finance advisory outfit, Nikkei Pacific Corporate Advisors as Associate Director, Corporate Finance until his resignation in late 2002 to start up Cirrus Ventures Sdn Bhd, a private equity and strategy consulting firm operating in South East Asia and Australasia.
Mr Sherman Lam was appointed as Independent Non-Executive Director of Bintai Kinden Corporation Berhad (“”Bintai”) from 2010 to 2013. During his tenure, he was also a member of the Audit Committee and Nomination Committee of Bintai.