This Notice is issued to all our valued customers/prospective customers pursuant to and in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 which is enacted to regulate the processing of personal data.
1. Collection of Personal Data
In the course of your dealings with us, Asian Pac Holdings Berhad and/or subsidiaries, associates, related and affiliated companies, whether present or future, both local and international (the ‘Group’), we have obtained and/or will request for your personal data and information (‘Personal Data’) to enable us to enter into transactions with you or to update you on our projects, launches, products, services and other matters.
2. Source of Personal Data
The Group has collected or obtained and/or may request the Personal Data:
- directly from you;
- from third parties, such as your representatives, solicitors, legal advisers, financial advisers and financial institutions;
- from regulatory bodies and governmental agencies; and/ or
- which is/are available in the public domain
3. Types of Personal Data
The Personal Data collected or obtained and processed or to be collected or obtained and processed by the Group may include the following information:
- your name, age, date of birth, national registration identity card number / passport number, gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, nationality, address, contact information, email address, occupation, employer’s details and income information;
- information on your family members; and
- such other relevant information which we may require in order to effectively provide you with our products and services including but not limited to information on the loans to finance your purchase of property and information on introducer.
The purposes for which the Group requests, collects or obtains and/or processes the Personal Data include but not limited to the following (‘Purposes’):
- the delivery of our products and services to you;
- purposes specifically provided for in any particular service or product offered by us;
- entering into the relevant agreements and/or contracts by the parties;
- meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our provision of services and products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us;
- credit assessments and other checkings which are necessary or appropriate;
- prevention, detection and/or investigation of crime (including but not limited to fraud, moneylaundering, bribery);
- processing of your payment transactions;
- vacant possession / keys hand over, property/estate management and/or defect rectification works;
- providing ancillary administrative and management services, including attending to your enquiries and generally to enable resolution of a concern or complaint;
- customer relationship management procedures;
- post vacant possession services, such as club house services, security and customer loyalty programmes;
- client profiling and conducting of marketing activities in connection with our projects, services and products (whether present or future);
- organization of events hosted by the Group;
- enable us to send you information by post, letter, e-mail, telecommunication means (telephone calls or text messages) or social media about products and services offered by us and/or selected third parties that we think may interest you;
- our internal record keeping; and
- purposes relating to any of the above (including but not limited to research, benchmarking and statistical analysis).
5. Obligation to Provide Personal Data
It is obligatory that you provide to us the Personal Data. The failure to provide to us (including the revocation of your consent to the Group to process) the Personal Data will:
- result in us being unable to provide you with our products and services; and/or
- affect the entering into, performance of and/or conclusion of the agreement or contract by the parties; and/or
- result in us being unable to provide to you the updates on our projects, launches, products, services and other matters.
6. Disclosure of Personal Data
The Personal Data provided to us will generally be kept confidential. However, the Personal Data may be disclosed, disseminated and/or transferred to companies within the Group or to any third party organisations or persons including the following:
- our business partners and affiliates that provide related services or products in connection with our business;
- third party property management companies/entities in respect of the management of property that customers have purchased or leased or rented;
- our appointed service providers in relation to our loyalty programs, for the purpose of delivery of gifts redemption and services;
- regulatory bodies, government agencies and statutory authorities;
- our contractors, sub-contractors, third party service or product provider;
- our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers and/or legal, financial or professional advisors; and
- any other person to whom such disclosure is authorized by you, or is required by law or regulatory requirement or pursuant to a court order
(notwithstanding that any such persons may be outside Malaysia), for the purpose of fulfilling our obligations in respect of the Purposes and all such other purposes that are related to the Purposes or any other purpose for which the Personal Data is to be disclosed at the time of its collection.
7. Security of Personal Data
The Group shall keep and process the Personal Data in a secure manner. The Group endeavours, where practicable, to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures to prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing of the Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of or the unauthorized access of the Personal Data.
8. Your Rights
You may at any time after the submission of the Personal Data to us and by writing or emailing to the below department, to:
- request from us information on whether the Personal Data is being processed by or on our behalf;
- request from us information on whether we hold the Personal Data and if we do, request access to the Personal Data;
- request us to correct any of the Personal Data if it is incorrect, inaccurate, misleading, not upto-date or incomplete;
- request us to cease the process of the Personal Data for sending to you marketing or promotional materials or advertisements; and
- withdraw, in full or in part, your consent given previously, in each case subject to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual terms and conditions and reasonable period.
By providing to us the Personal Data, you hereby confirm and consent to its use by the Group in accordance with this Notice unless we receive from you a written notice stating otherwise.
You will be notified of any material amendments to this Notice. Such notification may be mailed to you, included in our periodic statement to you, notified to you via emails and/or accessible from our website at www.asianpac.com.my. You shall be deemed to have agreed to accept such changes unless we receive from you a written notice stating otherwise.
10. Enquiries and contact details
Any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Notice or relating to any matter concerning the Personal Data can be made to the following department:
||03-2786 3388 (HQ office)
||Asian Pac Holdings Berhad
Ground Floor Menara SMI
No.6 Lorong P. Ramlee
50250 Kuala Lumpur